Best Back Massager 2020–A back massager is a tool that can release the tension and pain in the neck that may be due to a sudden wrong movement or wrong sleeping position. With its use, you would be able to provide relief for hard to reach areas. Massaging your neck using it would also be a great treat to yourself, especially after a hard day’s work as it promotes better sleep, circulation, and flexibility at the same time. Best Buying Gyude / Best Budget Back Massager
The Best Back Massager Reviews for 2020-2021 Now
- Best Budget Nekteck Shiatsu Massage Pillow –Check Price
- Best for 2020-Naturalico Shiatsu Massager-Check Price
- Best New Five Star FS8801 Shiatsu –Check Price
- Shiatsu Massager Back, Shoulder and Neck –Check Price
- Bruntmor Shiatsu Massager (Neck & Back) –Check Price
Now, when it comes to buying aback/ neck massager, there are a lot of things you need to consider. First of all, you should consider the materials used in making it. Is it comfortable or not? Then, you should know whether it has an overheating prevention system or not for, after all; you surely do not wish for it to overheat and explode while you are using it, right? In addition to that, you should opt for the one that offers you complete control over everything, from the heat, direction and even the pressure applied. More than anything else, you should look into the provider and make sure that you are purchasing your neck massager from a reputable one.
On the other hand, there are back /neck massagers out there that are battery operated while there are also some that are rechargeable. Nevertheless, most of them are portable. Meaning to say, you can bring it with you no matter where you go and use it whenever you wanted to loosen those stiff muscles in your neck. However, with all those brands and models of neck massager out there, how would you be able to know which one is the best? To help you out, we have listed the top 10 best back neck massagers Reviews.
Why To Use Best Back Massager?
Benefit of Neck Massages
Before delving in and shopping for the best back massager, it’s good to understand why you would want to invest in one in the first place. Massages are beneficial for many reasons. Regular therapy helps keep your body free from pain by releasing tension, improving flexibility, posture and range of motion, while encouraging relaxation and relieving stress at the same time.
Neck Massage 24/7
Because of the known benefits of massages, neck massagers have become a popular option among many individuals who do not have the time or the budget to get professional massages on a regular basis. Most products are rather cost effective, and allow you to relieve neck and back discomfort right in the comfort of your own home. And the best part is they are available 24/7 without an appointment!
What to Look For In Neck Massagers
There are many back/ neck massagers in the market, and they all differ in terms of features. Here are a few things to consider when you are on the lookout for the best neck massager out there:
- Percussion vs. vibration – percussion neck massagers are essentially machines that have hammers. They work by sending vibrations into the muscles. Vibration massagers on the other hand, simply vibrate across the surface and superficially kneed the surface of the muscles
- Power – Power can also vary depending on the machine. Since percussion massagers require more power to penetrate muscles, so it can range from 25w to 45w depending on the power. Take a look at infrared lights
- Size – Neck massagers also vary in size, from small ones that fit the base of your neck to larger products that cover more muscle space.
- Heating – Many massagers come with a heating feature, which warms up the muscles and improves circulation, giving you a similar feeling to getting a hot stone massage
With these features in mind, let’s go ahead and check out some of the best neck massagers in the market today.
Top 15 Best back Massagers in 2020 Reviews
1.Best Budget Nekteck Shiatsu Massage Pillow
This neck massager is capable of providing you eight deep-kneading shiatsu massage. With this product, your tense muscles would undoubtedly be relieved, especially as it has a heating function that other neck massagers out there doesn’t have. You can use it at home, in your office or even in your car. As a matter of fact, it comes with a free car adapter and an AC power adapter that is 6.6 feet tall. What makes this product different is that it allows you to customize the massage experience you would be getting from it as you can control its speed and direction.
- Cases of the product overheating is not likely to happen as it has an automatic timer (10 min.)
- It can target a specific area of the body.
- Easy to operate to the point where you can learn how to use it even without reading the entire manual.
- It shifts from clockwise to counterclockwise automatically.
- The balls are too pointy so that it can get painful at times, especially after long use.
- It should be plugged in at all times.
2.Best Naturalico Shiatsu Massager
This is an all-around body massager. As a matter of fact, you can use it not only in massaging your neck but also in massaging your shoulder, back, and even your foot. So, a total body relaxation can surely be achieved with its use. Through it, you can also improve flexibility and at the same time, reduce tightness. If you are currently recovering from an injury or if you are suffering from insomnia, then this product is the one for you. Not only does it promote a good sleep but also a faster recovery time.
- It is safe to use as it automatically shuts off.
- It has a handheld design that makes it easier to carry wherever you go.
- It has four massage nodes.
- It is powerful and efficient in relieving pain in the neck.
- It pinches the neck instead of kneading it.
- It is not cordless.
- It is a little bit bulky, so it may be a little uncomfortable to use it while sitting.
3.Best New Five Star FS8801 Shiatsu
With its heating feature, you can massage your foot, shoulder, back and of course, your neck. It has eight kneading rollers, and in just a single touch, you can turn the heat on and off as well as change the rotation direction. This product works best, especially for people with a chronic neck pain. It is also perfect to be used during long trips as it also comes with a car adapter. So, while your mother, father, husband, wife or friend is driving, you can just go to the backseat and give yourself a good massage.
- It has two massage directions.
- It automatically shuts down after 10 minutes of use.
- It is strong enough to relieve sore spots.
- The heat is just right, and you can even control it through the heating option.
- It is not battery operated, and the power cord is not that long, so you would need to use it near the power outlet unless you have an extension cord that you can use.
- The rollers can make an annoying sound at times.
- The rollers have an abrasive cover, so it would not be best to use it on bare skin.
4. Shiatsu Massager Back, Shoulder and Neck
With this product, there is no longer a need for you to go for a massage therapy and spend a lot of money for it as you can simply have it in your house and it’s for a one-time payment only. It is highly portable, so you wouldn’t have much problem if you wish to bring it with you on your travels.
- It is a multi-purpose massager. It can massage any part of your body.
- It is ideal for people of all ages.
- It is easy to position in your body.
- You can either turn the heat on and off as well as change the kneading balls’ direction.
- It shuts off after 20 minutes, so you can even take a nap as you go for a massage.
- It does not produce unnecessary noise.
- Its massage stems are quite big, so you might find using it awkward at first.
- It is quite difficult to hold in position in other spots than the shoulder and the neck.
5. Bruntmor Shiatsu Massager (Neck & Back)
Finally, we have a cordless neck massager on the List. This product of Bruntmor offers a 3-D deep kneading and fully rechargeable at the same time. It was created to provide relief from sore muscles and lumbar pain that most people are suffering from. Also, apart from it being portable, it also comes with a carrying bag.
- The heated options can be turned on with just one button.
- There is no longer a need for you to untangle the wire nor do you need to stay close to a power source for it is cordless.
- It has multidirectional nodes, making it possible for you to have a relaxing full body massage experience.
- You need to apply pressure on the back of the massager for it to be more effective I relieving pain.
- It is not suitable for tall or big people as it has quite short arm straps.
6. Best Gideon Shiatsu Massager (Portable)
This massager makes use of therapeutic heat that would surely relieve and relax your neck, especially as it offers a multi-directional massage. With the heat penetrating deep within your muscles, your stress would surely be melted away. You can even change the massage’s direction with just a press of a button. Some even say that its functionality is on par with other known brands, but it is a much more affordable choice.
- It makes you feel as if you have received a massage from a real therapist.
- You get to control the intensity of the massage you would be getting.
- It offers a firm massaging action.
- This is not suitable for people who have broad shoulders.
- The rotation changes constantly and you might find that annoying at times.
7. Best truMedic Instashiatsu Massager
Even upon just a single charge, you would be able to use this product for hours for it has a lithium-ion battery. What makes this product different is that it offers versatility. In other words, after you have fully massaged your neck, you can massage other areas of your body using it as well. For people who wanted to achieve full relaxation, they can even choose to add heat.
- It offers a comfortable support for the wrist.
- Its control panel is simple, and so, it is easy to operate.
- It has a LED indicator light.
- You can control the pressure.
- It can be a bit noisy.
- The battery is not replaceable.
- With the short arm strap, it can create tension in your shoulders.
8. Best Brookstone Sport Massager
This sport massager has great features that cannot be found in other neck massagers out there. As a matter of fact, it is possible to adjust it along the back and select the heating at the same time. So, if you have been engaged in sports or any activity that can build tension on your neck, then this product is the one you need. With this, you can improve blood circulation and speed up muscle recovery.
- You can use it without even using your hands. You just need to close the front handle snap.
- It has three different massage program namely: Pulse, Sooth and Energizes.
- It has ten percussion massage levels.
- You can adjust the width between the massage nodes.
- It overheats fast, so you would not be able to use it for too long.
- The controls are placed weirdly and so; you may press them unintentionally.
9.Best Naipo Cordless Massager
Like the other listed ones, this one is also cordless and is capable of functioning for 2 hours. It has four massage nodes, and its massage rollers utilize a 3D rotation. So, you can expect that the tightness of your muscles in the neck would be gone after its use.
- It has three-speed modes where you get to personalize your massage experience.
- It’s not too hot, so it will not irritate your skin. It only offers enough warmth to the body.
- You can hold the device in place, so you no longer need to hold it during the entire duration of the massage.
- It may delay sleep, so you shouldn’t use it before going to bed.
- It is not completely cordless.
10. Best SIMBR Massager
With its eight rollers, you would surely love the way it massages your neck, waist, back and other parts of your body. It automatically shuts off after 15 minutes, and with the fact that it has a reverse button, you can target specific spots in your body. You can also choose to speed up or slow down the massage. The massager also covered in smooth leather.
- It has gentle heat, so you would not find it uncomfortable.
- It has loops that would help you get the amount of pressure you are looking for in a massage experience.
- You will not sweat as you use this for the mesh is used to cover the kneading balls.
- The power cord’s length is only 5.9 feet, a little bit shorter than other neck massagers.
So, have you finally decide what neck massager you should buy? Hopefully, the reviews we have provided you in this article would help you make smart decisions and of course, would take your neck pain away. So, start using any of the listed massagers above!
Types of Back Massagers
There are a number of different types of back massagers available, whether you’re looking for something handy for a recent ache or if you’re looking to make a big investment to deal with chronic daily pain.
Styles of Electric Back Massagers:
A chair back massager is a piece of furniture that you add to your home, that you can sit in each day. It’s a big investment but it’s probably the closest you can get to a hands-on massage.
A good hands-on massage can play a crucial role in alleviating back pain. Similarly, a good massage chair is designed to provide some measure of pain relief and relaxation, however, without the need for person-to-person interaction.
The next best thing to a chair massager is a massage pad that you can attach to your favorite chair. It normally hooks over the back and underneath the seat to give your back full coverage.
A handheld massager is normally a wand or pad that you operate and maneuver around your body to get to the source of the pain.
A belt massager can be wrapped around your lower back or draped around your shoulders so you can get a deep massage in key areas.
Cushion / Pillow
A cushion or pillow massager is handy for use on the neck or lower back where you can tuck it exactly where you need the relief.
A TENS unit comes with electrode pads and sends pulses across the skin that stimulate the nerves.
Styles of Non-Electric Back Massagers
A cane massager is a simple device which can be maneuvered to the right part of the body to provide relief.
Wooden Ball Massager
A wooden ball massager is rubbed on the problem area to provide relief. The wooden balls are run up and down the skin to release tension.
S Shaped Massager
An S shaped massager is a stick massager which normally has carefully placed nodes so that the massager can be maneuvered to the exact right position.
3 Prong Mini Massager
A 3 prong mini massager is a simple handheld device that can be used to work out knots and tension.
A foam roller has a hard or soft exterior depending on the relief needed. It is rolled up and down the affected area to release tension in the muscles.
Features of Back Massagers – What to Consider
The shape of the back massager is important as you need to make sure it can really target the source of your pain. Whether it’s an S shaped stick or a chair pad, you need to make sure it can reach where it needs to go.
You also need to consider the size, will it give you coverage for the area you need? Is it too large to be portable? All should be considerations to make the right choice.
Electric / Non-Electric
Consider which option is right for you, whether you want to take your massager on the go, or just ensure you can use it in your favorite chair!
The number of massage nodes that the device offers may be important to you if you’re looking for a deep and intense massage.
Percussion is a style of massage and users have described this technique as “thundering on your back”, so perfect if you want a deep tissue massage perhaps not ideal if you’re looking for something a little less intense.
Look for this feature, a Japanese massage technique, if you want to replicate the hands of a masseuse as closely as possible!
If you have knots and want a massage that is really going to work them out then you might want to look out for the kneading function.
If you want hand-held control then you may opt for a wand massager or a unit that includes a wand.
Some units offer an additional vibration function which might be something you want to consider for that added extra relief.
Heat can offer comforting relief from pain as it heats the skin which stimulates the sensors and blocks the pain signals being sent to the brain, many different massagers include this option so it’s worth looking out for.
A timer can be handy if it takes you a while to get to the source of your pain, so you can set a period of time and then just sit back and enjoy the relief.
Auto Shut Down
Auto Shut Down can be great as it protects you and the unit from overheating, however if it takes you a while to get to the source of your pain, a short auto shut down could be frustrating.
If you have good days and bad days and want a massage that can flex with you then you want to look for a massager with a selection of intensity settings. Some devices only come with one setting so make sure you choose what is right for you.
As well as intensity settings you need to look at what speed settings are offered if you want something rigorous or if you’re looking for something more gentle.
Some massagers are rechargeable making them handy to be used in the office or on the go.
If you’re wanting to take the massager on holiday or use it at work then a portable option might be the one you’re looking for, that is an appropriate size and lightweight. You can also choose a massager for in the car, however this can only be used when stationary or as a passenger.
Some massagers come with attachments to target different areas, such as the face.
Memory / Recall
If your pain is hard to reach and you get the intensity just right it can be frustrating to have to go through the various settings each time. Memory/recall functions remember the intensity, speed and style of massage you enjoy which can be helpful day to day.
Benefits of Back Massagers
Back Pain Relief
Of course the main benefit from a back massager is relief from back pain! A back massager stimulates circulation and relaxes stiff muscles and research proves that massage is very effective for short term relief from back pain.
Massage is a technique which is often used to improve circulation, that is because the improved circulation can enhance the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to muscle cells, basically waking them up!
Having a regular massage is also shown to improve sleep. Those suffering from insomnia due to the menopause have reported marked improvement in their condition following massage.
What is a back massager?
What does a back massager do?
How do I choose a back massager?
Doing your research is important before you make a purchase to make sure you choose a back massager that will provide you with relief.Speaking to your doctor or a medical professional could help point you in the right direction, however hopefully by reviewing some of the features above you’ll have more of an idea of the back massage that is right for you.
Can I use a back massager when pregnant?
Check with your doctor before using a back massager when pregnant as advice is mixed.It also goes without saying that you should always read the instructions before using any massage product for any other warnings or precautions.
How much does a back massager cost?
How long can you use a back massager for?
Manuals for back massager products vary a little in their advice, however overall the consensus seems to be that to avoiding bruising your muscles it’s best to use a back massager for short periods of time, the suggestion being around 15 minutes.Many products come with an ‘auto-off’ feature that encourages you to limit your usage to the recommended time.
Can you sleep on a back massager?
Can you drive while using a back massager?
Where can I buy a back massager?
The Prospera Kneading Massage Cushion is a beautifully designed product that is rather lightweight and thin. Created by a brand that specializes in massage products, this kneading massage cushion is designed with a wide range of features that many Prospera products are known for, such as:
- Two pairs of shiatsu kneading heads
- Thin and lightweight
- Portable design, for home, car or office use
- Ergonomic design for various parts of the body, including the neck
- Built-in stripe that makes it easy to mount on car seats
What’s to like about the Prospera Cushion
This massager is very lightweight and portable, allowing you to easily move it and hold it against the parts of the body, which you want to massage. Because it is lightweight, it is also easy to bring around and inside the vehicle or bring to the office. Aesthetics wise, it is very attractive, and looks great inside the car.
What’s not to like
While its pressure is firm enough, the product does not have any pressure or strength settings, which means that it may either feel too strong or too weak depending on the user. Because there are no pressure settings, you will have to adjust your body and how much you want to press the affected area on to the massager to get the pressure that you want. It does not also have a heating feature, which is common to many massagers that sit on the same price range.
For its price, the Prospera Kneading Massage Cushion is a good buy, especially if you’re looking for a product to use on small areas like the back of the neck. One thing to take note of is also the absence of a heating feature. If you’re looking for a combination of heat and pressure, you might want to consider other products that sit in the same price range. If you are not so particular about heat, then this is something that is worth a try.
15. Kendal Neck Shoulder Back Tapping Massager
The innovative Kendal massager is a product designed for massage on the neck, back, shoulder and waist – but you don’t just stop there. It can also be used to provide muscle relief on various parts of the body with its wide range of features:
- Drum tapping massage mechanism that kneads muscles and burns fat in the process
- 22 automatic massage programs, with both auto and manual mode
- 11 different pressure and intensity levels
- Thermotherapy heating function that promotes blood circulation
- Hand grips that allow ease of use when massaging areas such as the neck, shoulders, buttocks, backs and thighs
What’s to like about the Kendal Tapping Massager
The product is know to be intense – that said, it provides a very powerful tapping motion on to the muscles. The good thing is, unlike many massagers in the market, it comes with eleven different pressures and intensity levels, starting from soft (at 1) to intense (at 11). Its 22 automatic massage programs give you a variety of massage sensations, so you can use the device every day without getting used to the same sensation.
The product is rather powerful and pretty much delivers everything it promises to do at a very affordable price. At its current price, this Kendal neck massager carries features that you would find from neck massagers priced at $100 and onwards. Lastly of course, its handgrips are a plus since they allow you to massage areas on the back that would otherwise be hard to reach.
What’s not to like
Unlike other products that shut off after 20 minutes of use, the Kendal neck massager has a shorter time span. It automatically turns off after 10 minutes of continuous use, which can be disappointing especially if you’re already enjoying the session.
This device provides you with great value for money. The fact that you can adjust its intensity means that you can share it with other people in the family – even if everyone has different preferences when it comes to pressure.
Other than the fact that it is not as portable as other products (which may not be a bad thing at all), the only issue is that it automatically shuts off after ten minutes of use. This means you have to wait for a few minutes turn it on to use it again. But, if you’re fine with ten minutes of massage at a time, then you might want to consider this product.
Choosing the Best Neck Massager
Neck massagers are a great investment, because they actually just aren’t limited for use on the neck, but various parts of the body as well. Given the lifestyle that many of us have nowadays, it helps to have a device at home that helps you relax and relieve tension and accumulated discomfort on various parts of the body.
With so many choices, it already helps to have the best narrowed down for you. While these seven neck massagers have their own pros and cons, and are great products in their own right, it really boils down to what you need and what you are looking for.
If you’re looking for a powerful neck massager, the Kendal Neck Massager is the most promising option. Loaded with features, it gives you the best value for money and is definitely worth the investment, even with its short 10-minute automatic shutoff time.
If you’re in the market for a small and portable device that you can use at home and in the car – the Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager Pillow and the GESS129 Shiatsu Massage Pillow With Heat are your best bets. They’re almost identical, have the same price and garner very similar reviews from users, so you can’t go wrong by choosing either of the three best massagers for the neck.
5 Unexpected Benefits of a Neck Massage
You would be really (REALLY) hard-pressed to find even a handful of people that you know that wouldn’t absolutely love a neck massage at any one particular point in time – especially if you bring up the subject to them!
We as human beings carry a tremendous amount of stress and pressure, not to mention a mountain of tension, right in our neck and shoulders and we are a lot worse for wear because of it. This is why all of us are so desperate for a quality neck massage anytime we can get one, and why so many of us feel better than a million bucks after we have been worked over for five or 10 minutes.
You might be surprised, however, to learn that there are a number of pretty unexpected benefits of a neck massage. Benefits that have the potential to completely transform your quality of life in the way you go about your day to day business from here on out.
Interested to learn a little bit more?
Let’s jump right in!
1. Your mental abilities will shoot through the roof
The number one benefit that you are going to be able to enjoy the when you take advantage of a quality neck massage is a release of stress, tension, and pressure that you’ve been carrying around in your body – but the number two benefit has to be the mental clarity and tremendous focus you’re going to enjoy right after the neck massages over.
Massages are going to eliminate a lot of that stress that has been weighing you down, and even though you may not be physically aware of the distracting power of constant and chronic pain and aggravation it’s a very real thing. A neck massage is the perfect tool to blow a hole in that dam!
2. A major release of endorphins will flood your body
Not only is a neck massage going to work out the stress and tension you are carrying in the base of your head, your neck, and your shoulders, but it’s also going to work to melt stress and pressure away throughout the rest of your body as well.
This is all going to happen thanks to a major dump of endorphins into your body and your bloodstream during and immediately after the massage. You’ll feel better than you’ve ever felt before, and those feelings are going to carry over into the way that the rest of your body feels as well.
3. Your energy levels are going to be pumped up, too
Even though massages are absolutely fantastic for relaxing and unwinding our bodies and our minds, you’re also going to find yourself completely reinvigorated AND re-energized after you have had your neck attended to.
A lot of this has to do with the endorphin release we mentioned above, but physically releasing all of that tension in your muscles and your attendance is going to free your body to repair and recover without any impedance.
4. You’ll sleep like a baby
If you have trouble sleeping (especially if it is a chronic issue), you may find that a neck massage on a regular basis helps you to unwind just enough to get yourself to sleep without having to resort to drugs or any crazy pre-sleep behavior.
Don’t be surprised if you find yourself drifting off to sleep faster than you ever thought possible immediately after you have gotten a neck massage and been worked over by a professional masseuse (or even just someone that you care about with steady hands).
5. Neck massages allow you to meditate effectively
One of the biggest unexpected benefits you’re going to be able to unlock with the help of a neck massage (and every other type of massage, for that matter) has to be the ability to reach a state of true meditation without any fussing about.
When your mind is able to “unlink” from your body like it will when you are being massaged you’re going to be able to fall into a trance like state. This is going to allow you to re-center, readjust, and recalibrate your mind as well as your body. You’ll find that the time goes flying by (the best way possible), and will almost always come out of this experience much better for it.
At this point, you have been reading neck and shoulder massager reviews for awhile, and are ready to make a decision. We have done our best to provide you the most accurate and constructive information about these products that exists. You should use a massager for 10 – 30 minutes two to three times per day to help alleviate pain.
You should not use massagers with loose clothing on and you should aim to not fall asleep with one operating. While some of them have preventative measures to ensure they are not active for more than 10 minutes, not all of them do.
Massages are paramount for stimulating blood flow, improving circulation, reducing the tension in your neck, eliminating knots in your shoulders, and relaxing your muscles. If you’re looking for a more full body experience you might want to look into a massage chair or even a massage cushion if you just want to target your back.
- Best Bluetooth Speakers in 2020
- Best Tablet Under 200 Reviews
- Best Digital Cameras Reviews
- Best Laptops Under 500 Reviews