Best Sunscreen Lotions And Creams for Oily Skin 2018-2019 -Best Face Sunscreens for 2018
Best Sunscreen Lotions And Creams for Oily Skin 2018-2019– Why was there a need to spend weeks in preparing this ultimate list of the best sunscreens for acne prone skin? Why did I bother hand-picking these not 3 or 4, but 10 best ‘acne sunscreens’? Aren’t all sun-blocks made the same?
The problem is that conventional sun-blocks or sunscreens that aren’t designed to suit acne prone skin can trigger breakouts in no time. As an acne sufferer, a little diligence while choosing a face wash, moisturizer, and other routine products like sunscreen can save you a ton of time and effort.
But why even wear a sunscreen in the first place? (I hear some of you asking this.)
Well, if you want to age faster and increase the risk of skin cancer, spend more and more time under the sun with bare skin. And when you already have those pesky pimples on your skin, it can’t get any worse.
But isn’t sunlight essential for our well being? How in the world can we live in total darkness? You might ask.
There’s no denying to the fact that UV rays from the sun cause our body to produces vitamin D. In fact, the benefits of sun exposure are actually well beyond just vitamin D production. The key is to not prolong this exposure and avoid getting a sunburn.
But let’s face it. It’s hard to tell when you’re getting just enough sun exposure and when you’re crossing the limits. That’s where the use of an effective sunscreen for acne comes into play. It lets you take advantage of the sunlight while keeping those harmful UVA and UVB rays at bay.
And because I’ve cherry-picked only non-oily, non comedogenic formulations in this ultimate list, it is certain that these are the best sunscreens for acne prone skin you can ever find.
So, without any delays, let’s discover these the Best Sunscreen Lotions And Creams for Oily Skin 2018-2019
- Best Sunscreen Lotions And Creams- 2018-2019
- 1. EltaMD UV Clear SPF-46 Acne Sunscreen -$32.50
- 2. Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense Sunscreen $32.50
- 3. Shiseido Sun Urban Environment Oil-Free Sunscreen for Acne
- 4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Face Sunscreen for Acne
- 5. MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème SPF 50 Acne Sunscreen
- 6. Rejuvelle Sunscreen for Sensitive, Acne Prone Skin
- 7. Obagi Nu-Derm Healthy Skin Protection SPF35
- 8. Murad Mattifier For Oily, Acne Prone Skin With SPF 15
- 9. Skin Laundry Advanced Protection Moisturizer and Sunscreen
- 10. Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sun Screen for Acne
- 11. Banana Boat Sport Performance Sunscreen Lotion For Acne
- 12. Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen For Acne Prone Skin
- 13. Eau Thermale Avene Mineral Ultra-Light Acne Sunscreen
- 14. Solar Protective Moisturizer With SPF 30
- 15. Olay Regnerist Regneration Face Lotion with Sunscreen
- SPF in Sunscreens Explained
- Conclusion – The Real “Broad Spectrum” Sun Protection
- 6 Best Sunscreen for Oily Skin Reviews
- 7 Safe Sunscreens for Kids
Best Sunscreen Lotions And Creams- 2018-2019
Best Seller Most Popular Sunscreen
Acne sufferers looking for a product designed specifically for them would do well to take a gander at the EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46. This product has been designed to not only protect the skin from harmful sun damage, but to also revitalize it.
Suitable for: All skin types.
Active ingredient: Zinc Oxide (9.0%) and Octinoxate (7.5%). Also contains pure form Niacin Amide (5%).
- Specially formulated for sensitive acne-prone skins.
- Can also work under makeup.
- Helps rejuvenate the skin damaged by acne.
- Provides protection from harmful UVA/UVB rays.
- Helps maintain clean and smooth skin.
- Touch on the expensive side.
- Don’t consider it a standalone treatment for acne. You may need to use it in conjunction with other products if you have a particularly severe breakout.
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Apply 20 minutes prior to going outdoors.
This Skinceuticals Physical Foundation UV Defense sunscreen provides SPF50 protection from the harmful rays of the skin. It provides a nice little tint to your skin, whilst also using a combination of natural ingredients to boost your skin’s defenses. Ideal if you are in the midst of recovering from acne.
Active ingredient: Numerous, although this is one of only a few products on the market to contain zinc oxide.
Suitable for: All skin types and tones.
- Non comedogenic.
- Lasts up to three hours, one of the longer lasting products on the market.
- Helps to repair skin using a combination of various ingredients, many of them being natural.
- Can deal with heat stress of the skin.
- One of the more expensive sunscreens on the market.
- Will not prevent acne, but it will help to minimize the effects.
- Apply 15-20 minutes before sun exposure.
- This non comedogenic sunscreen from Skinceuticals is pretty thin. So, you might need to apply a double coat for ultimate protection (first, check results with a single coat).
- For best results, reapply after every 2 hours.
This lightweight moisturizer will help to prevent dehydration in the skin, whilst at the same time providing a high level of protection from damaging UVB and UVA rays. It has SPF 42.
Suitable for: Dry skin, although all skin types can benefit.
- One of only a few sunscreens on the market which also acts as a moisturizer.
- Lightweight, suitable for daily use.
- Perfect to wear under makeup/foundation as it sinks into your skin and is virtually invisible.
- Provides a decent amount of protection from harmful rays in just about every environment.
- Bottle is fairly small and expensive, particularly if you buy this with the intention of using it every single day.
- Because it’s thin, you’ll need to apply quite a bit of it to cover up your whole face (or other parts of body).
- No fancy directions. Just apply 15 minutes prior to going outside. For maximum impact, reapply after 2 hours of application.
This La Roche-Posay sunscreen is readily absorbed by the skin. It provides a matte finish and it is practically invisible. This means that it is suitable for wearing on a day to day basis. La Roche-Posay is one of the biggest names in the world of skin care, and this sunscreen advocates why.
Suitable for: All skin types, including sensitive (even rosacea prone) skin.
Active ingredient: None.
- Water resistant up to eighty minutes.
- One of the lightest sunscreens on the market. You will barely feel it on your skin.
- Works well under makeup.
- Provides the best protection against UVB and UVA rays
- To get the most benefit, you have to reapply once every 2 hours, this can be quite cumbersome.
- Because it’s readily absorbed, it may leave your skin dried.
- Apply before 15 minutes of going outdoors after shaking it well.
- You’ll need to reapply it after every 2 hours at least. If you’ve sweat too much, reapply it after 80 minutes.
This is one of the lightest sunscreens on the market. You will barely be able to tell it is there, however, you can still be sure of the highest levels of protection. It is designed especially for those with acne and rosacea prone skin.
Suitable for: All skin types, but more geared towards dry and sensitive skins.
Active Ingredients: Titanium dioxide (2%), Zinc Oxide (17%).
- Lightweight and not excessively oily. This ensures that your pores are not blocked.
- Full of antioxidants, including green tea, Vitamin C, and pomegranate extract. This helps to protect the skin from bouts of acne, as well as provide quick healing for the skin.
- Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide combine well to provide protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Good fit for dwellers of organic formulations.
- It is a silicone based product. This means it will not work well when used in conjunction with water-based moisturizers.
- It has some reported complaints of allergic reactions. So, make sure you’re not sensitive to its active ingredients. Moreover, start off by applying it only once a day to be super safe. If it all goes good, start using it as per directions.
- Liberally apply all over your face 15 minutes before exposure to the sun.
- In case of swimming or excessive sweating, reapply after 40 minutes. Otherwise, you will only need to reapply it after every 2 hours.
This sunscreen is not just about protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun, although it does that pretty well. Instead, the Rejuvelle sunscreen for the face is a combination product. It acts as a moisturizer too.
Suitable for: All skin types. Specially formulated for sensitive, acne prone skin.
- Best choice if you’re after a more natural product.
- Acts as a moisturizer, but is non-greasy at the same time.
- SPF-45 ensures a solid skin protection.
- Loaded with antioxidants which can help repair your skin after a bad bout of acne.
- Can be worn under makeup.
- Contains octyl methoxycinnamate, which doesn’t suite everyone and can lead to adverse side effects. So, it’s better to check whether or not you’re sensitive towards this ingredient.
Read the text on the packaging for specific directions.
If you are after younger looking skin which is well-protected from harmful sun rays, then you are going to want to take a little look at the Nu-Derm Healthy Skin Protection. It is designed to be utilized in conjunction with other products in their range, but you could certainly use it on its own.
Ingredients: Zinc oxide. Also contains natural ingredients such as aloe and cucumber.
Suitable for: All skin types.
- Designed for those who are dealing with acne.
- Has a fresh cucumber-ish smell.
- It effectively reduces and prevents the signs of inflammation.
- Shields your skin from harmful rays.
- Reduces the signs of ageing and helps rejuvenate your skin.
- Leaves your skin a bit oily immediately after application. But it sinks in after a while and keeps your skin moisturized.
- Apply evenly on your skin 15 minutes prior to sun exposure. Reapply after every 2 hours.
This clinically proven sunscreen has been designed for those with oily skin. If you are suffering from acne due to excessive oil build up on your skin, then this may be just the solution that you need.
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%) , Zinc Oxide (3%), Ensulizole (1%).
Suitable for: Oily skin.
- Can reduce the build-up of oil on the skin for eight hours.
- Willow bark extract in this sunscreen helps to manage breakouts.
- Clears your skin of impurities.
- Helps to smooth out your skin and give it a younger looking appearance.
- Not suitable for those with dry skin as it will dry it out even further.
- Comparatively, it has a low SPF. So, if you’re not after controlling oil on your skin, there are other products that offer better sun protection.
- Apply evenly on your face, neck, and chest.
Suitable for: Dry skin, although all skin types can benefit.
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (1.0%), Oxybenzone (6.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%).
- One of the best moisturizers on the market for morning use. A single application in the morning should keep you going throughout the day.
- Various ingredients help to repair your skin. Many people report this product providing them with healthier looking skin in just a few weeks.
- Not ideal if you are only after a sunscreen.
- Cleanse your face with a good quality face wash/cleanser.
- Apply liberally on your skin 15 before going outdoors.
- Avoid contact with the T-area of your face.
This is one of the first products on the market to provide protection from the sun whilst at the same time ensuring that your skin remains clear. Neutrogena is, of course, one of the biggest names in the world of skin care.
Suitable for: Acne sufferers with oily skin.
Active Ingredient: Many, including avobenzone 2.7%, homosalate 4%, octisalate 4.5%, octocrylene 6%, oxybenzone 4.5%.
- Ultra-light and non-oily. Means it is suitable for wearing on a day to day basis.
- SPF-55, provides the highest level of protection.
- Not only protects you from the sun, but also works to ensure that your skin remains free of acne.
- Again, any specialized sunscreen like this is not intended as a standalone acne treatment. You will need to use this in combination with other products to eradicate acne.
- It can sting very bad if it runs in your eyes while sweating.
- Apply whenever going outdoors. One application should work for the whole day if you don’t cleanse it off.
Banana Boat may not be the biggest brand name in the world, but they are a company that certainly know how to put together a decent product. Supplied in a pack of three, this Banana Boat Sport Performance Sunscreen Lotion has the power to keep your skin protected throughout the day.
Suitable for: Oily skin, although anybody could benefit from it.
- This sunscreen has been built for ’sport use’. Even intense sweating will not ruin the effectiveness of the lotion.
- Small bottle makes it simple to carry around.
- Non-oily. This makes it suitable for people who have excessively oily skin, although anybody can use it. This is perfect for those suffering from acne.
- It is just a small bottle. This means it can be a touch expensive if you use it constantly.
- SPF-30 is pretty strong. May not be suitable for everybody.
- Make sure you’re not sensitive towards Methylisothiazolinone, an ingredient in this sunscreen, or you’ll be inviting some unwanted side effects.
- No fancy directions. Just apply 15-20 minutes before going outside.
This Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen is perfect for those who want to keep their skin in tip-top condition. Infused with Cellular Response Technology, this sunscreen will help to protect your skin from harmful sun rays whilst also providing your skin with the tools that it needs to repair itself over time.
Suitable for: All skin types, particularly sensitive skin.
- SPF-50 provides best protection to your skin from harmful rays of the sun.
- Infused with vitamins and antioxidants which help rejuvenate your skin.
- Does extremely well at providing sun protection without oxybenzone, which is great.
- No fragrances or parabens included. This means that it is suitable for those with sensitive skin.
- It has a strong smell. You’ll regret buying it you dwell for fragrance-free products.
- It’super thin and gets readily absorbed. So, don’t be surprised if you run out of it too soon.
- Evenly apply on your skin15 minutes before going outside.
- Though it can be your good partner at a day in pool, beach, or a resort, it’s best to use a water resistent sunscreen in these cases.
This sunscreen has been infused with thermal spring water from Avene, the only product of its type on the market to include that. This spring water is rich with powerful anti-oxidants which can help to repair your skin.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide (6%), Titanium oxide (4%).
Suitable for: All skin types, best for sensitive skin.
- Infused with antioxidants and minerals which can help repair your skin, particularly after a severe bout of acne.
- Can help to reverse the signs of ageing.
- Good alternative to zinc-based products.
- Extremely water resistant.
- Very light, this can make it tough to use in some cases.
- Leaves residue/white patches on your skin.
- Don’t work as good under makeup.
- Apply 15 prior to going outdoors.
- Immediately reapply after towel drying your skin.
This product is a combination moisturizer and sunscreen. It is especially designed for those who are incredibly prone to acne breakouts. This particular product is made from all-natural ingredients. It can be a good fit for vegans and those who are sensitive to gluten.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 19%.
Suitable for: All skin types.
- 19% zinc oxide provides essential broad spectrum protection.
- Claimed to contain 100% natural ingredients. This means it is particularly suitable for those with sensitive skin.
- Can be worn under makeup.
- Absorbed quickly by the skin.
- This product is not excessively oily or greasy. This ensures that your pores don’t clog.
- Natural ingredients may not be the best for the most severe of acne breakouts.
- Leaves a thin white film after application, though it’s not the case for everyone.
- Doesn’t come with drug facts label, which is kind of weird. You can’t exactly know what you’re putting on your face.
- Use as any other sun screen.
- Apply 15-20 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapply after every 2 hours outdoors and immediately after towel drying.
This is one of only a few sunscreens on the market which contain an amino-peptide complex. This helps to reduce the impact of acne on the skin. It works from within to ensure that blemishes are quickly eradicated even after the most severe of acne bouts.
Suitable for: All skin types.
- SP-F50 for the highest level of protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Provides a light amount of hydration from the skin.
- Exfoliates to promote skin cell turnover, reducing the chances of acne.
- Usage results in noticeably firmer skin.
- Strong scent. Some people have reported that it can cause their allergies to act up.
- If you’re after a fragrance free formula, you won’t admire its strong artificial scent.
- It can feel a bit heavy on an oily skin.
- Apply evenly on your cleansed face and neck every day before going outdoors.
SPF in Sunscreens Explained
You will see labels such as “SPF 15,” “SPF 30” or even “SPF 50” in almost all acne sunscreens. What does it mean?
SPF is the abbreviation of the phrase “Sun Protection Factor.” Just as the name suggests, it is the calculation of a sunscreen’s ability to fight UVB radiations from the sun that damage your skin.
Following table explains the efficiency of a sunblock or sunscreen indicated by its SPF number:
|SPF||Protection from UVB rays|
Source – SkinCancer.org
There can be some more numbers between these three, but you get the idea.
In general, a higher SPF number means more protection from skin damaging UVB rays of the sun.
But there is a little loop hole in this calculation. Skin damage is caused by both UVA and UVB rays of the sun. And SPF is the calculation of only UVB protection.
So, it is misleading? Perhaps not. Although they are both part of the problem, UVB rays do considerably more damage than UVA rays alone. So, SPF can still be considered a good factor for determining the effectiveness of a sunscreen.
Additionally, as the hand-picked list of best sunscreens for acne prone skin in this post reveals, there are products that offer both UVA and UVB protection. They are generally labaled as “Multi Spectrum” or “Broad Spectrum” sunscreens. The presence of UVA fighting ingredients such as zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, avobenzone, ecamsule, and oxybenzone in Broad Spectrum Sunscreens enables them to offer protection from both UVA and UVB rays. This leads us to emphasize on the fact that greater SPF does not mean complete protection of your acne prone skin from sun damage.
Conclusion – The Real “Broad Spectrum” Sun Protection
Wearing a sunscreen may not encourage you to neglect other essential skin protective behaviors such as avoiding excessive sun exposure (specially between 10 AM to 2 PM), seeking shade, and wearing sun protective clothing. And this is what I call “broad spectrum” sun protection.
Do not take it for granted. Finding the perfect SPF for your skin can be a hard task. And you will need to try out a few products to figure which works best for you.
Let me know your experiences in the comments below.
6 Best Sunscreen for Oily Skin Reviews
6. Retinol Surge Moisturizer- Retinol Cream 2.5% – 3.4 fl oz w Best Natural Ingredients Hyaluronic Acid Serum + Green Tea + Vitamins for Anti-Aging & Anti-Wrinkle & Even Skin Tone & Acne Care
This is one of the best sunscreen for a combination of skin types. It is made with a mixture of natural and organic ingredients, plus Shea butter. Giving your skin moisture leaving you feeling more radiant. Plus one of the stands out ingredient is Retinol. It is known to fight against wrinkles and other skin conditions associated with aging. This is overall one of the best sunscreen on the market. And will definitely improve your skin over a period of time. Improving skin discoloration and combat against acne.
5. Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 – Combination/Oily Skin, 6.0 fl oz (Pack of 2)
Olay has been around for years now and are known to produce top rated products. And this product is of the same high quality. It works great at as a moisturizing lotion. As it can last up to 2 days providing hydration. While also packing Broad spectrum SPF 15 giving moderate sun protection. It is recommended for daily use to help prevent skin cancer and also helps to improve your skin condition. Some stand out features of this sunscreen is the fact that it is 100% oil-free, fragrance free and PABA-free.
4. Elta MD UV shield SPF 45, 3 Ounce
This is one of the best sunscreen for oily skin under makeup. Its non greasy formula keeps your skin feeling moisturized and fresh. Not only does the Elta MD sunscreen do a good job against UVB sun rays but it also protects you against aging UVA. It is very light making it easy to blend in with your make with causing your skin to break out.
3. Daily Rehydrating Sunscreen: SPF 30+ – Contains Vitamins B, C, E & Seaweed Extract – Rehydrating Skin Protection – Paraben & Fragrance Free – Broad Spectrum UVA / UVB Protection
This sunscreen is goes on so smoothly that customers boast about enjoying the process of putting it on in the mornings. Especially because it comes with a lot of anti aging properties. That will help to keep you looking young and always feeling your best. Made with papaya, seaweed and algae extracts that help to improve your skin and leave you with a glowing complexion. And it does an even better job at protecting you from the rays of sun.
Also Check Out The Best Beach Tents
2. Natural Sunscreen with SPF 30 – Block Sun UVA + UVB Broad Spectrum – Sweat & Water Resistant – Safe for Sensitive Skin – Sunblock Face + Body Lotion – Aloe Vera Fragrance Free – for Women & Men
This aloe Vera based natural sunscreen will leave your skin feeling moisturized and reinvigorated. This sunscreen will help to repair old sun burns, while protecting against future ones. Plus it can be used on both your face and full body. It is water resistant and can last up to 80 minutes. So it is advised that you reapply after coming out of the water.
1. Geneva Naturals Anti-Aging Facial Moisturizer with SPF – Professional Swiss Formula SPF 20 Sunscreen Features Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, Edelweiss Extract For Everyday Sun Protection
Made with edelweiss a short lived flower that boasts many benefits, and other natural ingredients. This sunscreen is the best for oily skin as it goes on light. And wont clog pores like other sunscreens and moisturizers tend to. Plus it is rich with vitamin C, which helps to treat and prevent sun damages.
Not only is this a very good sunscreen offering 20 SPF ratings. But it also will help to diminish wrinkles and sun spots and discoloration. To leave you feeling extra confident and looking your best.
15 Best Sunscreen Lotions And Creams for Oily Skin 2018-2019 best sunscreen for oily skin under makeup sunscreen for oily acne prone skin best face sunscreen for acne prone skin best sunscreen lotion for oily skin best sunscreen for combination skin type best sunscreen lotion for dry skin best sunscreen lotion for face best sunscreen for face in indiabest sunscreen for oily skin under makeup sunscreen for oily acne prone skin best face sunscreen for acne prone skin best sunscreen lotion for oily skin best sunscreen for combination skin type best sunscreen lotion for dry skin best sunscreen lotion for face best sunscreen for face in india
Store shelves are stocked with an ever-growing range of formulas, ingredients, and SPF numbers. It can be a real challenge to figure out what you need and what will be safest for your child’s sensitive skin. We’re here to guide you to the brands that are the safest and most effective when it comes to protecting the skin of your kin!
Little ones should be wearing sunscreen after 6 months of age. Prior to hitting that milestone, Debbie Palmer, DO, a New York dermatologist and author of Beyond Beauty, stresses the importance of dressing your baby in protective clothing (like hats, sunglasses, and sleeves) and seeking shade when it’s appropriate.
Palmer’s wisdom on sun safety for kids doesn’t stop there: “I recommend parents look for the ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide in sunscreen products, and stay away from sprays that might expose young lungs to potentially harmful chemicals.”
Thankfully, she has a few product suggestions for us. Plus, the Skin Cancer Foundation made shopping for sunscreen way easier for parents. You can look for the foundation’s blue square Seal of Recommendation to know the product will be both safe and effective for your kids.